Thursday, July 16, 2009

Art - Stained Glass

I have wanted to tackle the topic of art in the area for some time but it seems to continue to grow and I just can’t fit it all in, so I’ve decided to take piece by piece and just begin!   An artist came in to our restaurant the other day and brought a wonderful piece for us to display and it has since re-inspired me to continue my search!  Cafayate and North West Argentina is very blessed with great artists in ceramics, weavings, basketry, silversmithing, and many others. For instance, I have seen amazing imagination and craftsmanship from a ceramic artist in San Carlos, named Mendoza.  The great thing is, you would never know if you weren’t “in the know” of how to find him, and that is my quest - to find as many of these hidden artists in Northwest Argentina!  Now, it’s much easier when an artist of great caliber walks in to your restaurant and finds you! So, for today I’ll showcase  Nadia, a stained glass artist that lives near Salta in Vaqueros.  Nadia, brought us a piece that follows traditional design with her own interpretation.  You can read all about her and her pieces on her web site: www.nadiakhangallery.com as she says it better than I!  Enjoy - I certainly do.  She’s even making us a custom piece for our restaurant shadowbox!  Can’t wait!   


No comments:

Post a Comment